Stucco exterior is a type of finish that is applied to the outside of homes and other buildings. Stucco is made from Portland cement, sand, water, and lime. It is a very durable material that can last for many years. Stucco is also fire resistant and does not rot or decay like other materials.
Stucco exterior has been used in construction for centuries. It has been popular in Europe and is now gaining popularity in the United States as well. Stucco exterior can give your home or business a unique look that will set it apart from the rest.
In this post, we will discuss the major benefits of stucco exterior and why you should choose it for your home or business.
What Are the Benefits of Stucco Exterior?
As stucco exterior becomes popular, many people are wondering what the benefits are. Stucco exterior has many benefits for your home, including:
- Aesthetically pleasing: Stucco can be textured or smooth, and is available in a variety of colors. It can also be painted any color you like.
- Maintenance free: Stucco is a very low-maintenance material. It does not require painting or staining and is resistant to fire, rot, and pests.
- Durable: Stucco is a very durable material that can last for centuries. It is also resistant to damage from weather, wind, and earthquakes.
- Energy efficient:Stucco is an excellent insulator, helping to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. This can help you save money on your energy bills.
If you are looking for unique, low maintenance, and durable material for your home, stucco exterior is a perfect choice. Stucco can give your home the look you desire and the protection you need.
Stucco Exterior: Easy to Maintain and Repair
Many testify that stucco finishes are one of the easiest sidings to maintain. Stucco does not chip, peel, or flake like other materials, such as wood or vinyl siding. Stucco is also resistant to fire, rot, and pests, making it a very durable material.
There may be times when you will need to repair your stucco. Stucco finishes are a very easy material to repair. All you need is a few tools and some time, and you can easily fix any damage to your stucco.
Stucco is a cement-based material, so it can be patched with Portland cement and water. Stucco can also be painted any color you like, giving you the ability to change the look of your home at any time.
Possible damage to stucco exterior includes:
- Hail damage: Stucco finishes are resistant to damage from hail. However, if the hailstones are large enough, they can cause cracks in the stucco due to the force of the impact.
- Cracks: Cracks can occur in stucco due to settling, foundation problems, or poor installation. Stucco is a very tough material, so most stucco cracks can be easily repaired with some time and effort.
- Stains: Stains can occur on stucco if it is not sealed properly. Stains can also occur from dirt, mildew, or other contaminants. Stains can be removed with a power washer or by scrubbing the affected area with a brush.
- Wind damage: Stucco is also resistant to wind damage. This often occurs during storms when debris is blown around and can hit your stucco home. Stucco can be easily repaired with some time and effort.
- Earthquake damage: Stucco is resistant to damage from earthquakes. However, when an earthquake occurs, the ground can shift and cause cracks in the stucco. Stucco is a very tough material, so most cracks can be easily repaired.
Stucco exterior is a very durable material that can last for centuries. It is also easy to maintain and repair. A stucco home can give you the look you desire for your home’s exterior.
Types of Stucco Exterior
Stucco exterior is available in two different types: traditional stucco and synthetic stucco.
- Traditional stucco: This is made from Portland cement, sand, and water. It is applied wet and then dries to a hard, smooth finish. Traditional stucco is very durable and low maintenance, making it an ideal choice for many homes.
- Synthetic stucco: This is made from Portland cement, acrylics, and other synthetic materials. It is applied wet and then dries to a hard, smooth finish. Synthetic stucco is less durable than traditional stucco, but is still very low maintenance. It is also more flexible, so it is less likely to crack.
When you compare traditional stucco versus synthetic stucco, it is important to note that both types are low maintenance and durable.
Stucco exterior is available in many different colors. You can also add texture to stucco by adding sand or other materials to the mixture before it dries.
Stucco is a very versatile material that can be used in any type of home. Stucco can give your home the look you desire and the protection you need. Stucco is easy to maintain and repair, making it a great choice for many homeowners.
Cost of Stucco Exterior
The cost of stucco exterior varies depending on the type of stucco, the size of your home, and the contractor you choose.
- Traditional stucco: The cost of traditional stucco is $3 to $5 per square foot.
- Synthetic stucco: The cost of synthetic stucco is $6 to $9 per square foot.
The cost of stucco siding also depends on the contractor you choose. Choose a contractor who is experienced and has a good reputation. Get multiple estimates before you choose a contractor.
Stucco siding is an affordable material for your home improvement. One finish coat can be applied over existing siding, which can save you money.
Tips for Maintaining Stucco Exterior
Stucco siding is a very durable and low maintenance material. However, there are a few things you can do to keep your stucco looking its best.
- Clean your stucco regularly: Stucco should be cleaned at least once a year. You can use a power washer or a brush to scrub the affected area.
- Repair cracks and holes immediately: If you see any cracks or holes in your stucco, it is important to repair them immediately. Stucco is a very tough material, but it can be damaged if it is not properly maintained.
- Add multiple coats: Stucco is typically applied in three coats. However, you can add more coats to improve the durability of your stucco.
- Create a maintenance schedule: Stucco should be inspected regularly for cracks and damage. Create a schedule to have your stucco inspected and repaired as needed.
It is important to maximize the lifespan of your stucco by following these tips.
Why Stucco Exterior Is the Best Choice
You need a versatile, long-lasting material that can be used in a variety of homes. Stucco exterior is a great choice for many homeowners because it is versatile, low maintenance, and easy to repair. Stucco can give your home the look you desire and the protection you need. In addition, stucco is an affordable material for your home improvement.
There are a lot of other siding materials you could choose for your home. But if you want a material that is versatile, low maintenance, and long lasting, then a stucco exterior is the best choice. Stucco can be applied to any type of home and is available in a variety of colors.
Need stucco repair? Old Pueblo Stucco is here to help. We offer a variety of services, including stucco crack repair, stucco siding repair, and more.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!